Why is it important to know, how to backup Wii games? Simple. Creating a backup of a favorite Wii game is the only way to prevent complete loss in case a game CD gets scratched, corrupted or lost. A simple backup procedure will not only keep your game data but also save you time and money wasted on repairing or substituting for your damaged discs.
I am always asked by my friends/colleagues at work to lend them my Wii game to play. Although I don’t have anything against borrowing games, one thing was always – what if they somehow damage my precious game, and I won’t be able to play it? What if they scratch the disc, pour water on it and otherwise make it unusable. It’s one of the reasons I wanted to know, how to backup a Wii games.
In the long run, too, as we all know all too well, the original discs we buy, no matter how careful you are, get scratched and become unreadable. So how to backup Wii games, so that we don’t have to worry anymore about getting messages like “Disc Error”.
So how can we solve this problem? A special software comes to our rescue. One among many cheap software packages available is Easy Backup Wizard. It provides gamers like us with a way, how to backup Wii games. (By the way, it also allows to backup movie DVDs, games from almost any other major console, as well as make a DVD from any homemade video file)
So here’s any easy step-by-step guide.
How to backup Wii games with the help of Easy Backup Wizard
1) Download Easy Backup Wizard
2) Install the software on your computer (PC and Mac versions available)
3) An icon should appear on your Desktop named Easy Backup Wizard
4) Start the program
5) Insert your Wii game into the DVD drive
6) A menu appears with one activated button saying Select Drive or Directory
7) Select the DVD drive with your game
8) Select destination directory (a button next to the first one)
9) Name the target file and click OK
10) Now press Start
11) The process may take a few minutes, because the file size is quite large
12) Next, we receive a message that ISO image has been created
13) Now use any disc burning software, e.g. Nero Burner to burn the ISO on a blank DVD
I hope you found our explanation on how to backup Wii games useful.